10 Year Limited Warranty
Your new COCOON™ mattress is covered by a 10 Year Limited Warranty. This means that for a period of 10 years, dating from the time you purchased your new mattress from Cocoon International Sales, LLC (“CocoonSleep”) or from an authorized CocoonSleep website or store, when it has a defect covered under the warranty, we will replace or repair it without any charge to you, the initial purchaser of the product. The details of this warranty, and some limitations, are provided in the complete Warranty Description on the following pages.
All Cocoon mattresses are covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty. For purposes of this Limited Warranty, the term “product” means any Cocoon mattress. Cocoon warrants that it will, at Cocoon’s option, to replace or repair Purchaser’s Cocoon product sold. if that product is defective due to faulty workmanship or materials, subject to the limitations described in this Limited Warranty. Cocoon undertakes no responsibility for the quality of the goods except as otherwise provided in this contract. There are no warranties that extend beyond the description on the face hereof.
This Limited Warranty is valid only in connection with the original purchase of new products and extends from the initial purchase date of the original product purchased. An “original purchaser,” for the purposes of this Limited Warranty, is an individual or entity who purchases the product directly from Cocoon or an authorized website or retailer of Cocoon products with the intent to use the product for personal consumer use and not for commercial or industrial use and not with the intent to resell the product. An “authorized retailer,” for purposes of this Limited Warranty, is an individual or entity authorized by Cocoon to sell product directly to original purchasers.
An individual or entity that purchases the product from whatever source with the intent to resell the product is an unauthorized reseller (“unauthorized reseller”) and therefore the terms of this Limited Warranty do not apply. “Unauthorized resellers”, include, but are not limited to unauthorized resellers on third party websites, such as eBay, Amazon, etc.
Cocoonsleep do not require the purchasing consumer to register their mattress purchase with us, we will retain a record of the purchase. This record will be used to determine if the warranty claimant is the original purchaser.
Further, if purchaser is not the original purchaser of this product, then that purchaser takes the product “AS IS,” “with all faults” and without benefit of either the terms of this Limited Warranty or any company provided warranty.
IF THE PURCHASE OF THIS PRODUCT WAS NOT DIRECTLY FROM COCOON, PROOF OF PURCHASE WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE THAT PURCHASER IS THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER AND THE PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED FROM AN AUTHORIZED WEBSITE OR RETAILER, AND ELIGIBLE TO MAKE A VALID CLAIM UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
Cocoon mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid-surface foundation or adjustable bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of purchaser’s Cocoon mattress and user(s). Accordingly, it is essential that sufficient support be provided with the use of this mattress.
IF PURCHASER USES INAPPROPRIATE FOUNDATIONS, BOX SPRINGS, ADJUSTABLE BED BASES, OR BED FRAMES WITH THE MATTRESS, SUCH USE WILL VOID THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Cocoon may require purchaser to provide proof of the quality of the foundation, adjustable bed base, or bed frame used in conjunction with the mattress if purchaser makes a claim under this Limited Warranty. Cocoon reserves the right to invalidate this Limited Warranty if the foundation is determined, in Cocoon reasonable discretion, to be inadequate or if the mattress is found to be in an unsanitary condition.
What does this limited warranty cover?
This Limited Warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Deterioration causing the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than one (1) inch that is not associated with an indentation or sag which results from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or adjustable bed base. Normal wear requires that a purchaser’s mattress be continuously supported by a matching foundation or adjustable bed base with a proper bed frame sufficient to support the collective weight of the mattress and foundation. A proper bed frame must provide sturdy support for both the mattress and foundation. For slatted style bed frames, it is incumbent upon purchaser to ensure that the frame utilized offers ample structural support for the mattress and foundation in view of that particular slatted style frame. Failure to have a proper bed frame may invalidate the limited warranty. The use of a bed frame is important for the life and protection of your sleep system.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress such as tearing of the mattress cover, despite normal usage and proper handling (as outlined in the Mattress Use & Care Instructions).
What does this limited warranty not cover?
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- A normal increase in softness of the mattress.
- Comfort preference.
- Physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains resulting from use of the product. Damage associated with an improper bed frame, foundation, or adjustable base. See above description and illustrations for a proper bed frame.
- Product sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers. Product sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the product is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer.
- Product used by someone other than the initial, first purchaser of it.
Product Replacement Terms
Except as otherwise provided herein, Cocoon will not charge purchaser to repair or replace purchaser’s mattress or flat foundation if it is deemed defective during the length of this 10 year Limited Warranty, but any transportation costs associated with repairs or replacements are purchaser’s responsibility. In no event, however, will the transportation costs exceed Cocoon then standard freight charges. No new warranty is provided with a replacement product meaning that the warranty for the replacement product runs from the date of original purchase of the replaced product.
In connection with the replacement of a product in compliance with the terms of this Limited Warranty, if a purchaser elects to upgrade to a more expensive product, it may do so by paying the difference between the cost of the original product being replaced and the cost of the upgraded product plus the cost of any related additional sleep system pieces not being replaced as part of the warranty exchange. In the event of an upgrade as described in this paragraph, a new warranty will be provided for the upgraded pieces only.
If removable, the cover initially provided for the Cocoon product is warranted for ten (10) years from the date of purchase against faults in material or workmanship. Cocoon reserves the right to repair said cover. In the event that Cocoon replaces the cover for the mattress, Cocoon will replace it with the current style of cover available for the mattress, which may be a different color or material than the original cover.
Additional limitations on warranty coverage
In the event a warranty claim is filed and a warranty replacement is deemed necessary, purchaser will be required to surrender the original product to Cocoon at the time of replacement.
COCOON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY; THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE REPLACEMENT OR CREDIT TOWARDS REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH HEREIN. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY DESCRIBED ON THE FACE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
All parts of this Limited Warranty apply to the maximum extent permitted by law or unless prohibited by law. This Limited Warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights, and the purchaser may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state. If you have questions, you may contact Cocoon Customer Service by calling the local contact number or email address shown on the Contact use.
PLEASE RETAIN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS FROM YOUR DATE OF PURCHASE.